02 October 2009

Ponyo












There’s some places that inspired the animation film. Tomonoura(鞆の浦) in Hiroshima prefecture is inspired Hayao Miyazaki’s animation film “Ponyo on the cliff by the sea(崖の上のポニョ)”. I didn’t know about this but yesterday I could know this.


There’s the plan that most of citizens in Tomonoura agreed. The plan is to build the new road in Tomonoura. I’ve never been there so, I don’t know much about the place. I heard that the roads in there are too old and need to expand it. But it’s difficult to remake the road there. To build expanded road there, they must to broke some houses and rebuild these one. So, the new plan appeared. In this new plan, part of Tomonoura would become landfill.


In 2007, Tomonoura elected as the 100 historical landscape in Japan. And in 2008, Ponyo on the cliff by the sea shown out.


Yesterday, I could know this place because some media in Japan treated this place. There’s trouble that is about the new road plan that I explained on top of this article. Some environment activists sued the government to stop the plan. Hiroshima local court judged to stop the plan. Of course, the planners may appeal the court ruling. But this will be the big one step to keep wonderful landscape in Tomonoura.


Hayao Miyazaki commented about this judge. I couldn’t find all of his comment to this judge, then I gave up to write about this... Sorry.


Anyway, if I can, I want to visit Tomonoura. And I hope the people can keep the wonderful landscape until I go there.


Thank you.
Good day & Peace and Smile!
(Post from MacBook)
Tweet This

2 comments:

Yuka.M said...

This has been a very hot topic among us these days. I am currently majoring in law and we've had some debates over this topic in my seminar class at Uni.I'm feeling so happy to hear this news.Anyone shouldn't mess up the beautiful sights and views, and Miyazaki's world of originality:)

Masaya said...

Thanks Pooka0712
I'm agree with your opinion. We must change or prevent such a plan not only Tomonoura.