22 October 2009

once upon a time

I’m posting my blog to improve my English. So, I try to use new phrases or words in this blog. But sometimes, I can’t use it on my blog. For example, the phrase “once upon a time”.


Usually, I don’t write old tales because most of them are already translated by someone. And I think, I’m not good at translating Japanese stories into English one. I believe that translators must know about both Japanese and English literature to translate something exactly and easy to read. 


I’m not majoring Japanese literature and even English literature in my college. I’m in college of technology so there’s only a few classes of English and Japanese. Most of the classes are about electronic circuits, mathematics and so on. Of course, I’m not going to become a translator in the future. So, I’m not worrying about that.


These days, I didn’t have a chance to talk with foreigners. But on Tuesday, I talked a little bit with foreigner in English. At that time, I recognized that I need to know more words... My vocabulary is totally limited... So, I felt that I need to increase my vocabulary...


How do I increase my vocabulary? Well, reading books is one of the best way to increase vocabulary, I think. Then, I will read English books. I’ve read one English book before and that title is “a walk to remember”. But after I read “a walk to remember”, I’ve never read English book until today... 


I think, this is the best timing to start reading English book because we are in the autumn. In Japan there’s famous phrase called “Autumn for readin”. This is because Autumn is neither hot nor cold so, it’s the best season for reading.


Anyway, yesterday, in the midnight I tried to find meteor but I couldn’t find it... There’s only a few stars. I think, if I’m in more rural area, I can watch more stars and meteors. But I couldn’t find it... How about you did you find it?


Thank you.
Good day & Peace and Smile!
(Post with MacBook)
Tweet This

1 comment:

lyvia said...

Keep on writting,cause i really like to read your blog.It's really interesting!(^^)/