23 April 2009

Earth day

Yesterday was the earth day. I think, I should post this article yesterday but I post it today. I heard about the earth day when I turned on the radio in last morning. I always turn on the radio when I wake up. I like to listen to the radio. Sometimes I change the station but mostly I’m listening my favorite station. J-Wave. J-Wave is my most favorite radio station. If you are in Tokyo or near Tokyo, you can listen to the J-Wave when you turn on your radio and tune it on 81.3[MHz]. Or you can listen to the internet radio on “http://www.j-wavemusic.com/”. We can listen to the J-Wave’s internet radio “Brandnew J” there but Mac users can’t listen... Including me... :(


Anyway, J-Wave is now trying to act against the global warming. One of their action is “Green casting day”. In green casting day, they are broadcasting with green energy (biomas power, wind power, solar power and etc...). Green casting days are every 1st day of month and holidays in Japan. Yesterday was not holiday in Japan but they were broadcasting with green energy (yesterday they were broadcasting with biomas power I think) because yesterday was the earth day. I hope they will broadcast their programs with green energy every day. But I think, it’s really difficult to realize it...


After the earth day, we need to think more about “earth”. Not using the nuclear energy. Yesterday, I decreased the time of using computers. I started to use “my bottle”. I couldn’t find the nice translation on “my bottle”... “My bottle” is one of the action that we are starting to take. All we need to do is just bring your own bottle. And don’t buy the PET bottles and other disposable things. If we use “my bottle”, we can reduce the rubbish and the useless expenses. It is like a tumbler. If we go to the Starbucks with tumbler, we don’t have to throw the cup and we can buy the coffee cheaper.


There are many things that we can do for the earth. There is one more thing that I wanna strongly recommend to do. That is sleep in the night. If we go to the bed early and don’t use electricity, it is good for the earth and for our health. :)

So, get the healthy life with green action. :)


Thank you.

Good day & Peace and Smile!

http://web.mac.com/masaya.09.11/MaSaYa_Web_Page/

Tweet This

No comments: