10 September 2008

Mt. Takao

Mount Takao
高尾山

Elevation
599m

Location
Hachioji-shi, Tokyo, Japan






I
went to Mt. Takao today. I'm living in Hachioji-shi then it is easy to access to Mt. Takao. I went there by bicycle. LOL Mt. Takao along with Mt. Fuji, the Michelin three-star winning mountain in Japan. We need to go there only an hour by train from Tokyo. But we can meet various plants and various animals there. And view from mountaintop is really fantastic! It will take 1 to 2 hours to go to mountaintop on foot.

There used to live Tengu. Tengu is one of the Japanese specters. It has long nose and red face. In JR Takao station (near Mt. Takao), there is stone figure of Tengu. You can find some tengu figures in Mt. Takao too. On top photo is one of them.

Anyway, I went there because I wanna take photos there. When I was elementary school I went there first time because of school trip. Some elementary schools and junior-high schools in Tokyo went there as school trip. Maybe most of Tokyoites knows about Mt. Takao.

You can access to Mt. Takao from Takao-sanguchi station (Keio Takao line). You can go there from Shinjuku station and it took 45 minutes (fastest). If you need more information please contact me.

Thank you for your reading!
Good day & Peace and Smile!

Please check my web page from here.
Tweet This

No comments: