07 January 2010

End of Matsunouchi(松の内)

During 1st January to 7th January, we are in “松の内(the first seven days of the year)”. Most of Japanese visit shrine in this period to wish their health, peace and etc for whole year. I’ve visited on 2nd January in this year and I drew a paper fortune. I draw a paper fortune every year to hear a fortune during the year. But I don’t believe it, just think about it... This year’s result was “中吉(middle lucky)”. The best result for paper fortune is “大吉(very good lucky)” and the worst result is “大凶(great misfortune)”. So, it’s good!


If we visit 7 shrines in this period, we can grant 7 requests. But we must visit 7 shrines of the Seven Gods of Good Fortune. I’ve never been to do this before. Never. But I want to do this someday.


In the end of Matsunouchi, “門松(Kadomatsu)” a pair of pine decoration, and other decorations will be replaced. I heard Matsunouchi was until 15th January in olden times but now it is until 7th January.


Anyway, I felt Matsunouchi of this year was different from usual one. Some people were tweeting in Twitter, so many Japanese felt so I think. I don’t know exactly why but it maybe because of short holidays. Maybe most of office workers started their job on 4th January, I think it’s too short. How do you think?


Thank you.
Good day & Peace and Smile!
Tweet This

No comments: