27 January 2010

When the printed media would disappear



I don't think the printed media would completely disappear but it's tough to survive for a long time, I think. I'm writing this article because I heard some rumors that Apple will introduce their new device at 3am (JST).


I think, the printed media are really useful to write down something on it, to cut favorite stars' photo out from it, fold origami and etc... But it will be tough to move it when we compile day by day... Also it's tough to bring a lot of books, newspapers, dictionaries and etc...


If we can buy some books and download these on the internet, the cost for logistics and print will be unnecessary. So, we might be able to buy some books at cheaper price.


But I don't think e-book readers are the best answer. I think, it's tough for my eyes to read books via display. If I read books via e-book readers, I might be more tired than printed media. I might not be able to rent favorite books to my friends. I can't read books when the battery run out.


Anyway, these are all armchair theory because I've never used e-book readers. So, back to the real life, I'm not only interested in Apple's new device. For instance, I'm interested in Sony's e-book reader and Amazon's Kindle too. (And maybe "nook".) But I can't buy Sony's e-book reader here in Japan... Also I can't buy "nook" in Japan because there is no "barnes & noble" in Japan. (I think, most of Japanese don't know what is barnes & noble.) I can buy Kindle through the internet but I want to foretaste actual Kindle at the store before buying this.


According to some sources, I have to wait more to buy Apple's new devices in Japan. I'm not insider of Apple so I don't know the 'true' reason, but this might because of the contents, I felt. There are not so many digitalized books, magazines, newspapers and etc in Japan. But I hope that I can buy the one as soon as possible here in Japan... lol


Thank you.
Good day & Peace and Smile!
Tweet This

No comments: