12 November 2009

the cock fair













On the way back to my house, I found the people jam. There's many stalls on the street. Today is the day of the cock fair (Tori-no-ichi:"酉の市"). We have twice in this year.


We have the cock fair in every November and usually we have twice or three times in each year. The shrines in Kanto area hold the fair. In the cock fair, we buy good fortune goods there. I think, the luck rake (縁起熊手) is the most famous fortune goods.


Also, there's many stalls near the shrine that holding the cock fair. But most of them are not selling fortune goods, they are selling foods like pan-fried noodles (焼きそば), takoyaki (たこ焼き) and so on.


I didn't buy anything today in the fair but I may buy something in the next time. The shrine will hold the cock fair on 24th November again.


Thank you.
Good day & Peace and Smile!
Tweet This

No comments: