16 November 2009

Obama and Hatoyama

I felt the securities in many places were really high in these days. Usually, there are no police officer in the traffic intersection but these days there were too many police officers in my town. I think, they were working there because Barack Obama visited Japan on 13th November. 

According to some news, Barack Obama and Yukio Hatoyama talked on 13th November but Yukio Hatoyama went to Singapore to join the APEC. On 14th November, Barack Obama made speech at Suntory hall in Tokyo. But Yukio Hatoyama was not in Japan. I felt a little weird.

Will you leave house when the guest is visiting your house? I think, this was due to the schedule but he should not do that. What do you think?

Thank you.
Good day & Peace and Smile!
Tweet This

2 comments:

Christen said...

Yukio Hatoyama probably has other pre-arragned buisness to attend to.

Right now, more people (republicans/conservatives) in the U.S, are talking about whether Obama should have bowed to Emperor Akihito. Some say that an American bowing to an emperor is not a good image for America, because it looks weak and submissive. Instead, they are saying that Obama should've shook hands.

In my opinion, I think they're making a big deal out of nothing. Bowing, in Asian countries, is a greeting and a sign of respect, like the handshake. I think Obama was just doing what he thought was proper in an Asian country.

What do you think? Should Obama have bowed or shook hands?

Masaya said...

Thanks Chris,

I heard that Yukio Hatoyama joined the opening ceremony of JCC in Singapore.

Anyway, in Japan it is better to bowing than shaking hands. Especially, for the emperor, some people tend to bowing like Obama did, I felt.

In my opinion, he should have bowed but it's better to offer shaking hands after his bowing.