20 July 2010

after holidays



Yesterday was 海の日(Umino-hi: the day of Sea) and it was holiday. That mean I was in 3 series of holidays. But before my 3 series of holidays the rainy season have gone finally!

On Saturday the Meteorological Agency announced that but I felt the rainy season have gone on Thursday already. Also I felt that the rainy season of this year was a little different from usual year. Rainy days were less than usual.

But I heard that most of points in Japan rained more than usual. For example, in Tokushima prefecture the amount of rainfall during the rainy season marked 453.5 mm and it's twice as much as in usual year. On the other hand, in Tokyo the amount of rainfall during the rainy season marked 159.0 mm and in usual year it marked 216.4 mm. So, it's less than usual year in Tokyo.

I was worrying about water poverty, but I heard it's not so big problem. This is because of dams that we usually use. Most of people living in Tokyo use water that came from dams and these dams are located not in Tokyo. Most of them are located in north of Kanto area. In these areas, the amount of rainfall during the rainy season was as much as usual year. So, that means we don't have to worried about that...

Anyway, we have to care about these problems even we are not in water poverty. These days I took a seminar course and that about environment. After I took that course, I started to think more about virtual water, carbon dioxide, NOx, and etc... I'm not going to write about these things today. (I may write about these things someday...) But we should think about these environment issues.

Thank you.
Tweet This

No comments: