21 July 2010

Draft beer on the airplane




Mostly I don't have to ride airplane, but sometimes I may use it. Today I found an article that about new service on the airplane.

ANA a Japanese major airline company announced that they started to offer draft beer to their customer on their airplane. According to the article, it is the world's first draft beer offering on the airplane.

Until I read this article, I didn't know that we cannot drink draft beer on the airplane... There are many kinds of drinks on the plain, so I though we can drink draft beer too. But I heard there are several difficulties due to pressure differences.

Civil Aeronautics Act is not allowing to bring gas cylinder into the plain and that means usual type of draft beer generator will not be used on the plain. So, they made a special generator that work with dry ice.

Anyway, the draft beer service is now available only on the domestic lines. Also, it's only 20 draft beers on one airplane, and it's price is 1,000 JPY (about 11.57 USD) for a cup of draft beer with snack. I felt it's quite expensive... But maybe this is because they developed new system... Would you like to drink draft beer on the airplane even you have to pay 1,000 JPY for a cup of draft beer?

Thank you.
(The photo on top is the draft beer that I took before, so it's not the draft beer that you can drink on the airplane...)
Tweet This

No comments: