22 July 2010

The 2,000 yen banknote

The 2,000 yen banknote was issued on 19th July, 2000. So, it's already 10 years have passed since the bank of Japan started to issue it. There are several reasons that they started issue it, I think. For example, there are many banknotes such as 20 dollar note are issued in many countries. So it might be useful for Japanese people to use it than other expensive banknotes such as 10,000 yen note and 5,000 yen note. Also, it have a meaning of commemorate the 26th G8 summit and millennium.

Anyway, I didn't see the 2,000 yen banknotes these days. I've got it when it started to issued but these days it's really rare to use it. Of course, I don't have it right now. According to some sources, the bank of Japan is not issuing new 2,000 yen banknotes now. So, total amount of the 2,000 yen banknote is not changing after it issued.

I agree with this data because the 2,000 yen banknote is not useful. We cannot use it on vending machines. Also, it's better to use other banknotes for me. How do you think about that?

Thank you.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Tweet This

No comments: