26 April 2010

3D TV at home


Last week, Japanese electronics company Panasonic released 3D TV called "3D VIERA" for household use. I'm not going to buy 3D TV, but I checked it on Saturday. I went to the nearest electronics reseller to try 3D TV. I went to the TV floor first then I found a queue.

I've never seen such situation. They are queue up for the demo of 3D TV!!! I also queue up for the demo of 3D TV... lol

I think, I had to wait about 5 minutes to try 3D TV there... lol

There were 2 stands with glasses in front of 50-inch plasma display. We need to wear the glasses to watch 3D TV. In fact, I saw the 3D TV when I was waiting for my turn and I saw double picture on 3D TV. I forgot the exact price of the "3D VIERA", but I think, it's about 500,000 JPY (about 5,000 USD). After I watched demo movie, I felt that the 3D TV is really cool! I could have a great experience. But I don't think the 3D TV will be great hit. There are several problem I think.

First of all, I don't want to wear glasses to watch TV! I felt the 3D glasses for 3D VIERA was lighter than the 3D glasses that I worn to watch 3D Avatar at the theatre. But I don't want to wear it to watch TV...

Second, there are not so many 3D contents yet. According to the leaflet, there are no 3D compatible Blue-ray Disc yet as of 25th March. Also there are only a few programs that 3D compatible broadcasting and these are all paid-channel.

Third, the price. I think, I can buy cheaper 50-inch plasma display at the same reseller. Of course, I cannot watch 3D TV on cheaper 50-inch plasma display. Also, we must buy 3D compatible Blue-ray Disc recorder to watch and record 3D contents with Blue-ray Disc. So, if you have already Blue-ray Disc recorder, we must buy another recorder to watch 3D contents... I don't think it's a smart way to watch 3D contents with it. We must pay twice for Blue-ray Disc recorder.

Finally, there are not so many programs that I want to watch on 3D... For instance, do you want to watch comedy show on 3D? Do you want to watch news channel on 3D? I don't think so... 

I believe these problems might be resolved in near future.

How do you think, do you want to buy 3D TV?

Thank you.
Good day & Peace and Smile!
Tweet This

No comments: