23 April 2010

The death day of prescription

I might have to say "The death day of Statute of limitations" as the title of today's article. I'm not very good with laws. In fact, I've never took the lecture of Jurisprudence. So, today I'm gonna write about this as lay person.

I don't think that many media are treating the reform plan for Code of Criminal Procedure in a big way. And many Japanese people including me do not figure this plan out, I think.

I found NHK's article that the reform plan will be passed on the diet and will be approved on 27th April. I don't know exactly about this reform plan, but I heard prescriptions for serious matter will be repeal.

So, which crimes are the serious matter? Well, I think, murder must be the serious matter, and prescriptions for murder must be repeal.

I think, I should study more about these things...

Thank you.
Good day & Peace and Smile!
Tweet This

2 comments:

Christen said...

I'm not very good with laws either, but I think serious crimes should be defined as violent crimes. If a person does something to hurt another person like murder, assault, sexual battery/abuse, etc, then it should be considered a serious crime.

In California, we have something called the 3 Strikes Law. If a person is caught stealing, doing drugs, or violating any "serious" law 3 times, they are put in jail for life. This law is really controversial because someone could do drugs and not hurt anyone, but if he caught 3 times, he is sentenced to prison for life.

Are there similar laws like that in your country?

Masaya said...

Thank you.

I think, there is no law such law in Japan...