12 March 2008

Mystery on Windows





I'm always using Mac but sometimes I'm using Windows too. I'm wondering every time when I wanna shut off the Windows. We have to press "start" to shut off the Windows.

I think, it is not "start". But it is finish. I was using Windows 2000. And I'm using Windows XP on MacBook. Both of them, we have to press "start" when we wanna shut off Windows. I don't know about Windows Vista but maybe it's same way.

I heard that we can shut off Windows with "alt+F4". It is really nice short-cut-key. Most of application on Windows can shut off by this short-cut-key. It's like "command(⌘)+Q" on Mac.

And I'm wondering about version of Windows. I searched on Wikipedia about Windows. Then I got that Windows NT 4.0 is version 4.0. Windows 2000 is version 5.0. But Windows XP is not version 6.0. Windows XP is version 5.1. Why. I also checked about Windows Vista. Windows Vista is 6.0. And some bloggers wrote about new version of Windows. Windows Vienna. I think, it is version 7.0.

I have three questions about Windows.
1. Why we have to press "start" when we wanna shut off Windows.
2. Why Windows XP is not version 6.0.
3. What is NT?
Tell me why.

Thank you for your reading!
Good day & Peace and Smile!
Tweet This

No comments: