03 September 2009

taspo

Usually, I read newspaper every morning. My parent is subscribing the
Yomiuri Shimbun (the major newspaper in Japan). So, I read it in every
morning. And I read its evening paper when I come back. But during my
stay in the dormitory, I can't read it. I'm not planning to subscribe
the Yomiuri Shimbun here because I come back to home on weekends and
my internship will be finished in 2 and half weeks. But I found the
best way to read newspaper. I can read it newspaper on my iPhone.

The Sankei Shimbun is issuing their morning paper everyday for iPhone
too. They developed application for iPhone so, we can read the Sankei
Shimbun for free! Then I downloaded it and I read the Sankei Shimbun
every morning.

Anyway, I read it too yesterday morning. At that time, I found the
article about 'taspo'. Then I'll write about that today.

There are 26,010,000 smokers in Japan by estimate. But I am not
smoker. I sometimes feel that there are too many under age smokers in
Japan even the taspo cards were introduced...

'Taspo' cards were introduced in Japan in July 2008 to prevent under
age smoking. But I heard it need a long time to issue it and we need
our ID card to issue it. After July 2008, smokers can't buy tobacco in
tobacco vending machines without their own taspo card. But they can
buy it in convenience stores without taspo cards. So over 60% of
smokers in Japan don't have their own taspo card. And because of that
many under age smokers can buy tobacco easily, I think.

But because of the taspo card, many tobacco vending machines
disappeared. According to the Sankei Shimbun, 15,000 of tobacco
vending machines disappeared in a year. But there's 409,000 of tobacco
vending machines still...

Taspo cards are equipped with the electronic money function. Then
users don't have to bring their wallet to buy tobacco in tobacco
vending machines with taspo card. Of course, they need to deposit
money into taspo card... Taspo cards include such a useful function
but many smokers are tend to buy tobacco in the convenience stores.
And tobacco vending machines might be disappeared in a few years...

Thank you.
Good day & Peace and Smile!

Tweet This

No comments: