25 September 2009

Kamakura trip





















Yesterday, I went to Kamakura with my friend. Kamakura is an ancient capital city in Kanagawa prefecture. I think, Kamakura is the nearest city from Tokyo that we can learn a lot about history of Japan. There are many temples, shrines and the great buddha. Minamoto no Yoritomo built Kamakura as capital city in 1192. Most of Japanese learned about this in elementary school and junior-high school. But there's other opinions that the Kamakura started in 1180 or in 1185. But I learned that the Kamakura started in 1192. It's easy to recognize.

Yesterday was really nice weather. There's only a few clouds in the sky... We visited Tsurugaoka Hachiman-gu(鶴岡八幡宮), Kenchoji temple(建長寺), Enkakuji temple(円覚寺), Zeniarai Benzaiten shrine(銭洗弁財天), the great buddha of Kamakura(鎌倉大仏) and Enoshima(江ノ島). The silver week had overed but there's many visitors. But I felt there's many foreigners than Japanese visitors. I took over hundred of photos there. I'm planning to upload some photos to flickr and my facebook account. But it might be tough work for me... lol

I will announce when I upload photos.

Anyway, the photo on top is the great buddha of Kamakura.

Thank you.
Good day & Peace and Smile.
Tweet This

No comments: