23 October 2008

Kanken

Kanken [noun]
Short for Nihon Kanji Nouryoku Kentei. This is the test of Japanese Kanji. There are 12 grades and 1st and pre-1st grades are really difficult even for Japanese elder people. Most of people says it is enough as member of society if people have 2nd grade.

I took pre-2nd grade long long time ago... (Maybe 5 years ago)
I tried 3rd times or more, to pass the test of pre-2nd grade. Because I'm not good at writing Japanese Kanji... And I've never tried it since then.

These days, I always bring a book and I'm reading more than 5 books in every month. When I'm reading books, sometimes I find Kanji that I can't read... When I found these one, I always use dictionary... But I feel if I can read more Kanji... 

Then I decided that I will study for Kanken too! Now, I'm studying English, Chinese and my major of course. And from this week, I started studying Kanji too. I don't know when I will take Kanken 2nd grade but I try for it.

Anyway, I heard that some foreigners is taking Kanken to study Japanese. There are 12 grades like I wrote before, lower grades of Kanken are test for very very young Japanese like elementary school students. Then it is not so hard even for foreigners. I think, it is really nice.
I hope these people will increase.

Thank you for your reading!
Good day & Peace and Smile

Please check my web page "http://web.mac.com/masaya.09.11/MaSaYa_Web_Page/"
Tweet This

No comments: