09 August 2010

testing android

Yesterday was the Hachioji Matsuri (Hachioji festival) and I could took many photos and videos at there. I couldn't take much time to check my photos and videos yet, so I will upload them later to my Facebook account. Please check it later.

Anyway, I was using iPhone 3G until I've got iPhone 4, and now I'm not using it...  I was thinking about this device because I wanted to renew it. Also I was thinking that I wanna try android...

So, I decided to install android OS to my iPhone 3G. Well, I was thinking that it's really difficult to install android into iPhone 3G, because it is unusual. But there are many many people who are developing these kind of tools in the world. I could do that easily.

Here are some photos that android 2.2 running on my iPhone 3G.



Well, it's working. I could connect to Wi-Fi network and installed some apps.

I didn't care that my iPhone 3G might be broken, because I'm not using iPhone 3G now. If you like to do that, you should be careful. These kind of thing might destroy your iPhone. 

Here are some tools that I used.
*redsn0w (http://wikee.iphwn.org/howto:rs9)
    jailbreak tool
*iPhoDroid 0.6 R12d (http://code.google.com/p/iphodroid/downloads/list)
    install android 2.2 to jailbroken iPhone 3G
*RecBoot 1.0.2 (http://www.sebby.net/443-recboot-final-release/)
    turn your iPhone into recovery mode
    (it's not necessary but I couldn't turn my iPhone 3G into recovery mode well so I used it)

I did this with my MacBook (Late 2007) Mac OS X 10.5.8


I listed up some tools but I'm not going to write"how to install android into iPhone 3G" because my blog is not "how-to" site. Please search it, if you wanna do. (Of course, you must take risk on your own.)

I couldn't install many apps on it yet, but I could try Facebook for android. I felt it's looks like iPhone's one and it works same as iPhone. But I prefer iPhone's keyboard. Anyway, I will try more later.

Thank you.
Tweet This

No comments: