04 December 2009

I installed google's Japanese input support system



This week, I heard that we can install Google's new software at free. "Google Japanese Input". This is Input Method Editor (IME). We don't need IME when we type English or other european languages because they can type directly from keyboard but for some languages like Japanese and Chinese, we must chose which kanji that we want to type. 


There are many IME for  Mac, for Windows and for other OSs. ATOK, Microsoft IME, ことえり(Kotoeri), かわせみ(Kawasemi) and more. Microsoft IME is standard IME for Windows, and ことえり(Kotoeri) is standard IME for Mac OS X.


I'm frustrated to IME when I meet miss-conversions again and again but it's rare case, I felt. Usually, I feel these default IMEs are not so bad because it works, but sometimes they make miss-conversion... lol


If we want to use better IME, we had to pay for it before. (ATOK and かわせみ(Kawasemi) are not offering free.) I've never tried both ATOK and かわせみ(Kawasemi) but some told me, these are better than Microsoft IME or ことえり(Kotoeri). So, I felt that I want to use these other IMEs in the future, if I have a chance.


This is the big chance for me... lol
Google provide us "free" IME for both Mac and Windows. I used it a little bit, so I want to write a little bit of my impression. I felt it works quickly like other IME and it works like "google suggest". It's very useful when I write long words in Japanese. I also surprised because they convert correctly when I typed my friends' name that I couldn't find with Microsoft IME... Anyway, I don't think this is perfect IME because they made miss-conversion too, but I hope google or other companies works well to improve IME.


Thank you.
Good day & Peace and Smile!
Tweet This

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Generally I do not post on blogs, but I would love to mention that this post extremely forced me to try and do therefore! really nice post. thanks, here's a similar subject you'll like [url=http://corina33.insanejournal.com/297.html]Collectables[/url]