01 December 2009

buzzwords 2009

This year's Japanese buzzwords have been announced today. I searched my old articles and I found my old article that about Japanese buzzwords 2008. You can check the article from here. Last year, I wrote about this news on 2nd December, 2008 but this year I will introduce you on 1st December, I mean today!!


I will write top 10 of Japanese buzzwords 2009, but these are all Japanese words, so there are some miss translations by me, I believe. If you find better translation, please tell me...


"こども店長(Kodomo tencho)" Child store manager
This word came from Toyota's commercial message. On that commercial message, 8 years old actor act as "Kodomo Tencho(Child store manager)".


"事業仕分け(Jigyou shiwake)" Assortment on businesses
This word came from DPJ's new unit "Government revitalization unit". Some say this is like a "Stanford prison experiment".


"新型インフルエンザ(Shingata infuruenza)" H1N1 flu
Maybe most of people know this words.


"草食男子(Soushoku danshi)" Herbivory males
Herbivory males are kind and easy to deal with but they are not active for love affair.


"脱官僚(Datsukanryou)" Debureaucratize
This is also one of the DPJ's policy.


"派遣切り(Hakengiri)" Lay off of temporary workers
After the bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers last year, many companies laid off temporary workers.


"ファストファッション" Fast fashion
I don't know exactly about this words but maybe this is like fast food...


"歴女(Rekijo)" Young women who like history
I heard they fall in love with historical hero. I think, they like historical hero than history...


And the grand prix was...
"政権交代(Seiken kotai)" Regime change
This was the keyword that DPJ set up for the general election that held in August. They realized "Seiken kotai"(regime change) on August.


Thank you.
Good day & Peace and Smile!
Tweet This

No comments: