03 March 2009

3rd March










Today is the doll festival(ひなまつり) in Japan. The doll festival is the day for girls. In this day, we display dolls like the photo on top. But only the family that have non married girl(s). Long time ago, the doll festival is not only for girls. The doll festival was for both girls and boys.

Anyway, today is also the day of commercial broadcast radio. I love to listen to the radio. I don't know exactly why today is the day of commercial broadcast radio. But I think, it is because today is the ear's day. In Japanese, we read 3 as "さん(san)" or "み(mi)". So, 3rd March is "みみ(mimi)" under duress. In Japanese, "みみ(mimi)" have same pronunciation of "耳(mimi)". "耳(mimi)" is ear.

We need ears to listen to the radio. Then today is also the day of commercial broadcast radio. I didn't know that but there are over 100 commercial broadcast radio stations in Japan. I love to listen to the radio but I have listened only three or four radio stations yet...

Thank you.
Good day & Peace and Smile!
Tweet This

No comments: