20 October 2010

Electronic money on iPhone


Every time I ride train, I use Suica(a rechargeable contactless smart card that can use in Japan). But because my driver's license card contain IC inside them, I cannot use Suica with my wallet. I need to bring another pass case for my Suica when I ride train. I think, it's totally ridiculous.

There are many mobile phones that contain FeliCa chip(contactless smart card system) in Japan. We call them "おサイフケータイ(The Osaifu-Keitai)". And I was using one of them before I bought iPhone 3G in 2008. At that time, I was using "mobile Suica" (Suica system for mobile phones).

But iPhone don't have such features because it's not only for Japanese market. These days, I found another good answer to solve my problem. That is the photo on top.

Yeah, iPhone's case with pocket! Let's make my own "Osaifu-keitai" with this case! I inserted my Suica card into the pocket and tried to pass the gate.
But I couldn't pass it... Totally, I tried 4 times but I could pass the gate only 2 times. I expected that result before I try it.

iPhone is phone and it's using radio signals. Suica is also using radio signals and these signals interfere each other, but Suica's signal is so weak (I think) then the gate couldn't identify my Suica card. Then I bought prevention seal for interference.


I put the seal on back of my iPhone like photo. And tried again. I forgot how many times I tried, but I could pass the gate every time until today. So, I don't have to bring additional pass case for my Suica card any more! I'm so happy now. :)

FYI, I bought "Case-Mate CM011678 ID Cell Phone for iPhone 4" and flux's "PIT Mobile". 

Thank you.


Tweet This

No comments: