19 October 2010

radiko


I'm one of heavy users of "radiko" since they started their service. "Radiko" is the service of IP simulcast radio that is offering in Japan. They started their trial service in this March and they were planning to end the trial service by the end of August at first. But they announced to extend trial service until the end of November.

Today, I found wonderful news article that about radiko. According to that, they will start their service from next December and it's not trial service. It's wonderful news for me, because I can listen to radio on my iPhone after November!!

Also, I have 3 hopes for them.

First of all, I hope they will ease their limitation of location that they will service.
I think, they set their limitation too tight. Sometimes I cannot connect to radiko well. Now they are offering their service in 2 areas. One of them is Tokyo, and the service for Tokyo is offering in Tokyo, Kanagawa prefecture, Saitama prefecture and Chiba prefecture. Another one is Osaka for Osaka prefecture, Kyoto prefecture, Hyogo prefecture and Nara prefecture. I hope they will expand their service area.

Second, I want to listen more radio stations' broadcast via "Radiko".
Well, to tell the truth, it's not my hope. It's my friend's hope. Mostly I'm listening to "J-WAVE" on radiko, so it's not big problem for me because I can listen to that station. But there are more radio stations. There are 7 radio stations (J-WAVE, TOKYO FM, InterFM, Bunka hoso(Nippon Cultural Broadcasting), TBS radio, Radio Nikkei and Nippon hoso(Nippon Broadcasting) ) that are offering their broadcasts on "radiko". But there are more radio stations and my friend told me to listen one of these radio station on his iPhone. Well, it's not for me, but some people want them to add more radio stations on their service.

Finally, I want them to offer more stable service.

If you are living in such areas, you can listen to some Japanese radios from "http://www.radiko.jp". But service is only available in Japan now...

Thank you.
Tweet This

No comments: