31 March 2010

rumors

Last Friday, the happening occurred because of rumors on famous street at Harajuku, Tokyo. Takeshita street(竹下通り) is pedestrian only street and there are a lot of fashion boutiques, restaurants, cafes and etc. I've been there number of times, but I don't want to go there again because there are too many people!

The rumor that "on-screen talent would come to Takeshita street", was spreading according to some news articles. I didn't know about this rumor, but a lot of young people were confused on this rumor. In Japan, most of young person have their own mobile phone and can use e-mail on their mobile phone.

I heard about this news via Twitter first time, and according to that news, the rumor was spread via Twitter but I don't think so. Because I don't think many Japanese young people especially junior and senior high school students are using Twitter. I think, the rumor was spread by word of mouth.

Anyway, several people injured because of this happening. There are a lot of people who are walking on Takeshita street even on usual day. So, I don't want to imagine that if there was a rumor like this...

Thank you.
Good day & Peace and Smile!
Tweet This

No comments: