16 March 2010

simulcast

I love to listen to the radio, like I wrote before. I can concentrate on my work even I'm listening to the radio but I cannot do the same thing when I'm watching TV, I think. I wanted to listen to the radio via the internet connection. If I can do that, I can listen to the radio everywhere I can connect to the internet. But there were no such way...

These years, FM radio station in Tokyo J-Wave started its new internet service called "Brandnew-J". I think, I wrote about "Brandnew-J" before. But I couldn't listen all of their programs via "Brandnew-J"...

These days, the largest ads company Dentsu(電通) started their online radio service "kikeru" for Internet Explorer as a toolbar. We can listen several radio stations' programs but not all... Also, I couldn't listen that because I'm not using Internet Explorer... They also started to provide kikeru apps for iPhone. Sometimes, I listen to the radio via kikeru app even I'm in outside. I think, I wrote about this one too... lol

End of the last month, there was an article that about Internet Protocol radio on newspaper. According to the article, several radio stations would start their IP(Internet Protocol) radio as a trial soon. I didn't know when they were going to start their IP radio and I was looking forward to use that.

Yesterday, they finally started their IP radio as a trial. Their new service called radiko(ラジコ) and you can access to the web site from "http://www.radiko.jp". Now, I can listen every programs via the Internet. There are several radio station including J-Wave, Inter-FM, Tokyo FM, Bunka hoso(文化放送), Nippon hoso(ニッポン放送), TBS radio(TBSラジオ) and Radio Nikkei(ラジオNIKKEI) in Tokyo area. Also some radio station in Osaka area including FM802, FM COCOLO, FM OSAKA, Asahi hoso(朝日放送), Mainichi hoso(毎日放送) and Radio Osaka(ラジオ大阪). But they are checking your place via IP so, you may not available to use this service. Maybe this is because of copyrights issue.

There is another big problem, I think. I cannot access to the www.radiko.jp from my iPhone... They are not supporting iPhone and Android users... I hope they will support these users very very soon.

Thank you.
Good day & Peace and Smile!
Tweet This

No comments: