10 August 2009

Hachioji Matsuri










Last Friday to Sunday was 八王子まつり("Hachioji Matsuri"). I join this festival every year. I'm still in Hachioji so, I joined this year too. Hachioji is the largest city in west side of Tokyo. There are over 500,000 of people, I heard before. And Hachioji Matsuri is the largest festival that hold in Hachioji. It's famous for its parade of floats.

On Saturday and Sunday I carried portable shrine. But on Saturday, the weather was not good I mean heavy rain came to us during we were carrying portable shrine... Also on Sunday the weather was not good but heavy rain didn't came to us during we were carrying portable shrine. But they came to us when we were eating after the festival...

Anyway, the portable shrine was really heavy. Now I have a muscle ache...

If you have a chance, you should try it. There are many festivals in Japan maybe you can find it.

Thank you.
Good day & Peace and Smile!
Tweet This

4 comments:

Christen said...

Looks interesting and fun. When I have money, I would like to travel to Japan one day. The Japanese culture is so fascinating.

Masaya said...

Yeah, it's really fun. And if you have a chance, please come to Japan!!

Lyvia said...

It looks heavy but if i were you i will join too!i hope to experienced it once!!>.<
Matsuri only held during summer?

Masaya said...

Hachioji Matsuri hold in every August. And most of Matsuri hold in summer. But there are some Matsuri that hold in different season, I think.