25 August 2009

Fake

I had never hear an earthquake early warning until this morning. At
6.37 a.m. the Japan Meteorological Agency issued an earthquake early
warning. An earthquake early warning is the system that tell us the
strong earthquake that will hit in a few second. The system worked
well in the strong earthquake that hit Shizuoka prefecture this month,
I heard.

We can hear or see the warning in many places. I saw it on TV this
morning. Some mobile phones can get these warnings by mail, I heard.
The system is really useful and helpful I believe. But...

This morning's warning for Tokyo and other Kanto region was incorrect.
The strong earthquake didn't hit Tokyo. But warning stopped some
trains. Then some line delayed I heard. Fortunately, it was early in
the morning then they could recover soon. But if this warning issued
during the rush hour, they might not be able to recover until noon...

Anyway, I could ease my mind because the strong earthquake didn't hit.
And I hope the Japan Meteorological Agency will warn us the correct
warning next time...

Thank you.
Good day & Peace and Smile!

Tweet This

No comments: