10 May 2011

London trip: Day 4

I think, I should change the title of today's article, because I was not in London on this day. In fact, I went to Edinburgh on day 4. I wanted to go to Edinburgh during this trip, so I told about that to my friends then we decided to go to Edinburgh.






We reserved tickets before we left Tokyo. I felt the price of tickets were cheaper than I expected. The airplane ticket for domestic line in Japan would be about 10,000 JPY (about 125 USD), it's not round-trip plane ticket. Of course, it's economy-class seat. But we could reserved the seat of round-trip plane London Heathrow Airport to Edinburgh Airport for less than 10,000 JPY!! And it's include tax! I felt it's really cheap. I don't know much about other countries' domestic line tickets, but in Japan airplane ticket would be expensive one even for domestic lines...



Unfortunately, the weather in London was not so good on this day. But we were not worrying about that because we would leave for Edinburgh on this day. So, how about weather in Edinburgh?




The weather in Edinburgh on this day was really wonderful!!
And it was not so hot, and not so cold for me. Well, we needed to ride the bus to get to centre area of Edinburgh. We rode the bus for a while, and arrived at Edinburgh station. We walked to Edinburgh castle.



I think, it's under construction, but I felt it's really nice.

Also, the view from Edinburgh castle was really nice!



Inside the Edinburgh castle, we could learn a little about Edinburgh castle and history of Edinburgh. And I could meet him. lol



After we enjoyed Edinburgh castle, we went to the Scotch whiskey experience. It's near from Edinburgh castle, and we could enjoy Scotch whiskey there. Look at the photo below, there were so many Scotch whiskeys!



At the Scotch Whiskey Experience, we could learn about Scotch Whiskey and its history. Also, we could taste the whiskey. There was a shop of Scotch Whiskey, and I wanted to send some to my house. But I couldn't do so...

We decided to walk around the city of Edinburgh. The urban area of Edinburgh was really beautiful, and took many photos. If you interest, please visit my facebook account. I upload some of them.



We could stay long at Edinburgh, because we chose night flight to come back to London. So, we came back to hotel at night. Anyway, we could enjoy the one-day trip to Edinburgh. If I have a chance, I would like to go there again!

So, this is the end of my story on day 4.

You can check previous stories from London trip: day 1, London trip: day 2, and London trip: day 3.

Thank you.
Tweet This

No comments: