07 January 2009

Seven herbs












Today is 7th January. It is the day to eat rice porridge with seven herbs (七草粥'Nanakusagayu') in Japan. The seven herbs in this season are Japanese parsley (芹'Seri'), Shepherd's purse (薺'Nazuna'), cudweed (母子草'Hahakogusa'), chickweed (蘩蔞'Hakobe'), henbit (小鬼田平子'Koonitabirako'), Brassica rapa (蕪'Kabu') and Japanese radish (大根'Daikon'). These are seven spring herbs.

Of course, I ate it today but there were only two herbs... In Japan, we can live healthy this year if we eat rice porridge with seven herbs in 7th January. I heard this custom came from China. I don't know about in China but I think there is this custom in China still. 

P.S. I analyzed December's visitor's report. During 1st December to 31st December, 106 people accessed to my blog and viewed 120 pages. Visitors came from 10 countries/territories. I will report you January's visitor's report on February. Anyway, thank you for your visiting!
Tweet This

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yοu are so cool! І don't believe I have read through something like that before. So great to find another person with a few genuine thoughts on this issue. Really.. many thanks for starting this up. This website is something that is required on the internet, someone with some originality!

Here is my weblog: tens unit