19 May 2010

My review of google input method


I had been using "Kotoeri(ことえり)" since I started to use MacBook. After Google started to offer their own Japanese Input Method, I changed it. I've never used other input methods such as ATOK and "Kawasemi(かわせみ)". I will write a brief review on Google's Japanese Input Method.

I think, many people know that but Japanese language contains Hiragana, Katakana and Kanji(Chinese character). First we type Hiragana, and convert it into right type such as Kanji. But there are a lot of Kanji and some have same sound, so we make mis-type sometimes... Mostly it's depend on quality of Input Methods, I think. 

Especially people's name is difficult to type in correctly. In that case, Google's IM works really nice, because it use their "google suggest", so they have great database on famous people name, I think. I can type famous person's name correctly with Google's IM.

Also, it works great when I type famous quote or proverb, because of same reason, I think. But sometimes it crash and need to reboot the system. I believe it will be improved soon because they are still in beta. And I have a problem when I type long sentences. Sometimes it cannot make out break point exactly. I felt it's better to use Kotoeri in this case.

Conclusions.
I felt it works nice mostly, but sometimes I met a bit mistake. Mostly it's OK and it's useful especially when I type famous person's name or famous quotes and etc...
BUT most important thing is that I've never used ATOK or other input methods except Kotoeri and Microsoft IME on Windows XP... If I have a chance, I wanna try other input methods... Anyway, it's worth to use Google's IM, because we can download it "free"!

Thank you.
Good day & Peace and Smile!

Tweet This

No comments: