31 January 2011

My favorite 5 talks

A year ago, I heard about wonderful web site called "TED". TED means Technology, Entertainment and Design. On ted.com, we can watch many kinds of talks at free. Also, there are many language support, so sometimes I watch some videos with Japanese subtitles. But I prefer not to use that one, because sometimes these subtitles appear before the speaker speak on video.

Anyway, I like TED. I can know many peoples' thinking, ideas, funny stories, serious stories, and so on. I think, the "TALKS" is the best entertainment.

I watched several talks on TED and I picked up some from ted.com as my favorite talks. Also, I like two talks (or I should say speech) not from ted.com. Here's my favorite 5 talks. In fact, I like more and more talks so here's only a few talks that I like.

* Steve Jobs 2005 Stanford Commencement Address
     I think, many people know about his speech. As you know, Steve Jobs is CEO of Apple inc., and this is one of the most famous speech that he did at Stanford University in 2005. My friend told me that some colleges in Japan used this speech for their entrance examinations.

*Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams
     I think, it's famous too. I'm so interested in VR technology, but more than that there're many things that I could learn.

*Stacey Kramer the best gift I ever survived
TED2010
     I like this video, the most. The video let me think about my entire lifestyle. 

*Sir Ken Robinson: Bring on the learning revolution!
TED2010
     I've never been to senior-high school and usual university. In such situation, I like this video and I think Japanese people should think about this seriously.
     Also I like "Ken Robinson says schools kill creativity". This is TED2006's talk, and I like this too.

*Amber Case: We are all cyborgs now
TEDWomen
     It's simple, we are now cyborgs. lol Seriously, I like her talk.

So, these are my favorite 5 talks. Again, I want to share more and more talks because there are many talks available on ted.com and mostly these talks are really great. I think, I will write about this thing in near future.

At last, I write about my favorite funny talk that I found on ted.com. Here it is.
*Sebastian Wernicke: Lies, damned lies and statistics (about TEDTalks)
     He's talking about TEDTalks and how to make ultimate TEDTalks and the worst TEDTalks. It might be helpful to make the ultimate talk, or the worst talk... Anyway, it's funny.

If you have time, please watch these talks and tell me your opinion.

Thank you.
Tweet This

No comments: