29 November 2010

Ryomaden final

I'm a big fun of Ryomaden (龍馬伝). It's the NHK's period drama for this year. They broadcast the period drama every year and they call it "Taiga drama(大河ドラマ)". NHK started to broadcast the period drama in 1963 and Ryomaden is the 49th period drama. They are treating Japanese history in drama, we can enjoy specified person and incident in their period drama. Usually, the period drama start in January and end in December.

Ryomaden is the story about Ryoma Sakamoto(坂本龍馬) who realised Taiseihoukan(大政奉還) which Tokugawa shogun returned his political power to the emperor. It was the story in end of Edo era(江戸時代), in 1867. I think, he is one of the most famous contributor who made modern Japan.

BTW, I think I watched all of episodes of the Ryomaden (of course, I sometimes recorded when I had another schedule). This is my first time to watch whole story of the period drama. I was not interested in history before, but these days I could change my mind. Now I'm so interested in history especially between end of Edo era and end of World War 2. Then I could enjoy the period drama for this year.

Yesterday, they broadcasted the final episode of Ryomaden. Of course, I watched it on TV. Some people say the breaking news telop that about the election was really annoying, but I think it's all right because there are no choice. They are national public broadcasting organization, and that was their duty, I think.

Anyway, I hope the period drama for next year will be interesting one.

Thank you.
Tweet This

No comments: