22 July 2008

Marine day

Yesterday was Umi no Hi. "Umi" means sea, "Hi" means day. So we can say it in English "Sea day". But I think, "Marine day" is better than "Sea day". "Marine day" is national holiday. And most of Japanese students are now in Summer holidays. So, many people go to family trip in this day and season. Then, traffic ties-up on expressways. It happened even when the gasoline prices are increasing.

Anyway, most of Japanese students are now in Summer holidays like I said. But some students like me are not in Summer holidays yet. These days, high temperature is really high and I don't think it is good to study in such a hot day. But we must study...:(

Yesterday's high temperature in Kyoto was 37.5 degrees (Celcius). It was the highest high temperature in this year.Of course, Tokyo's high temperature was over 30 degrees (Celcius). Tokyo's high temperature was over 30 degrees (Celcius) for 10 days. 10 days! Can you believe it?

I hope the summer holidays will come to me soon...

Thank you for your reading!
Good day & Peace and Smile.

Tweet This

No comments: