09 July 2008

HDD clock











On 4th June, I and my friend started to make HDD clock. Photo on left is HDD that we decided to break. First, we didn't need any special tools to break it. We used only Phillips-head screw driver. But w
e got problem. We couldn't break it without special tools. Then, we went to one coin shop near our school to buy special tools and clock module. We found it in one coin shop then, I bought it but...
I couldn't use it because this tool was not suitable for this HDD's screws. We needed other type of special tool. Then I went to one coin shop again to buy other type of special tool. That tool was suitable for HDD's screws but we couldn't use it for every screws. So, we stopped breaking HDD.
A few weeks later, my friend found other type of special tool that will suitable for HDD's screws. Then we tried it. We could use it only
 for one screw... The HDD had 3 more screws... But new special tool was not suitable for these screws. Then my friend bought other type of special tool. Then we tried it. We could use it for rest of screws.



Finally, we needed to use 4 special tools to break HDD. And we paid for it about 1000 yen (about US$ 10).
This is what we've made. HDD clock! (Photo on right) I took some photos while we were making this HDD clock and I upload it to my web page. So, if you have a time, please check it! My web page is here.

Thank you for your reading! Thanks Hidetoshi!
Good day & Peace and Smile!
Tweet This

No comments: