24 February 2011

But Tokyo Tower Still Shines


In Eastern Tokyo, the Tokyo Sky Tree is under construction. It will be 634 metres high tower, and it'll be the world's 2nd tallest building when its final completion. The Tokyo Sky Tree is about 534 metres high now.

On the other hand, Tokyo Tower opened in 1958. And since then, it was the world's tallest self-standing steel tower. It's 333 metres high. So, the Tokyo Sky Tree became the world's tallest self-standing steel tower now. (The Tokyo Sky Tree over took Tokyo Tower in March, 2010.)

I cannot see both Tokyo Tower and Tokyo Sky Tree from my house. I sometimes go around there. I prefer Tokyo Tower. 

On Sunday, I went to Roppongi. While I was in underground, my iPhone was out of service due to SoftBank mobile's weak net work. When I go outside, it was raining. But I could see Tokyo Tower clearly like photo on top.

Even the Tokyo Sky Tree is taking centre stage, Tokyo Tower is still shining as usual. And I felt it's beautiful.

I heard Tokyo Sky Tree will start to broadcast TV and radio waves in 2012. After that, Tokyo Tower will end of its role. The TV and radio wave broadcasting is main revenue of Tokyo Tower, so it might be difficult to carry on after 2012.

Well, I believe the Tokyo Tower will shine after 2012.

Thank you.
Tweet This

No comments: