03 February 2011

Happy Chinese New Year!

Happy Chinese New Year! Or I should say "Happy Lunar New Year!"?


Anyway, Japanese people not cerebrate Chinese New Year (Lunar New Year) but we cerebrate New Year of new calender. In cities such as Yokohama(横浜) and Nagasaki(Nagasaki), celebrate Lunar New Year because there are major China town. I heard the festival will be held on Sunday, in Yokohama(横浜). Someday I wanna visit such festival in China town such as Yokohama(横浜) or Nagasaki(長崎).


Also, today is Setsubun(節分) in Japan. It's the end of winter, and I felt the spring has come because it was wormer than before. On Setsubun day, we eat Ehoumaki(恵方巻). I think, I didn't know about Ehoumaki before, but these days there are many shops that are selling Ehoumaki. I remembered that today is Setsubun, when I saw Ehoumaki in the supermarket store after noon. Anyway, I ate Ehoumaki this evening. 


Thank you.
Tweet This

No comments: