01 December 2010

buzzwords 2010

It's 1st December, I wrote about buzzwords 2009 on same day in 2009. So, I will write about buzzwords 2010 today. Jiyuukokuminsha announced the buzzwords 2010 today. I will write top 10 of Japanese buzzwords 2010. Of course, these words are all Japanese words. Then I translated these words into English. Well,there are some mistakes, I think... If you find better translation, please tell me...

"いい質問ですね〜(Ii shitsumon desune)" It's a nice question!
The Japanese journalist Akira Ikegami(池上彰) got popular in this year. He told viewers news simply on TV. Many TV stations invited him to give an explanation about news on their TV stations. At that time, he used to use "It's nice question!" when someone asked him the good question.



"イクメン(Ikumen)" men who actively take care of their children
Japanese corporate employees are rarely to take absence for their children. The Japanese government think this problem seriously and aim to increase corporate employees (male) who take absence for their children until 2017. The word is similar to the word "イケメン(Ikemen)" which means nice looking guy.


"AKB48"
AKB48 is Japanese idol group. All of the members are female and they are produced by Yasushi Akimoto.



"女子会(Joshi kai)" Girl's party

The party which hold with girls. (there's no boys...)


"脱小沢(Datsu Ozawa)" except Ozawa
Ozawa is Ichiro Ozawa. After the presidential election that hold in September, Ichiro Ozawa's political power got decreased because the Kan cabinet don't want to bring his political power to their cabinet.


"食べる辣油(Taberu Rayu)" chunky chili oil

The chunky chili oil got popular and huge hit in Japan.


"ととのいました(totonoimashita)" it's set
Japanese comedian W colon got popular. They got famous with word "It's set". It's a canned word of Japanese riddle(謎掛け:なぞかけ) they say this word when they are ready.


"〜なう(〜now)" Now, I'm -ing/at somewhere.

I don't think many people are using this word, but according to their judgement Twitter users tend to use word "〜なう". They use this word when twitter user want to declare where he/she is or what he/she is doing.



"無縁社会(muen shakai)" unrelated society
It's the title of NHK's campaign programmes. The programmes were about missing aged people. You can check more about this problem from my old post "What's going on Japan?". Well, I didn't watch that programmes, and I heard this word first time...




And the grand prix was...
"ゲゲゲの〜(gegege no~)" Gegege's something
I know that NHK's morning drama "ゲゲゲの女房(Gegege no nyobo: Gegege's housewife)" earned audience rate, but I've never met people who are using the word "ゲゲゲの(Gegege no)" in usual. Well, I don't think it's buzzwords...

Thank you.
Tweet This

No comments: