03 February 2009

In & Out

Today is the traditional end of winter. In Japanese, we call it 節分"Setsubun". On this day, we throw beans while shouting "In with fortune! Out with evil!" It is bean throwing ceremony. And we eat 恵方巻"Ehomaki". We must not say anything during we are eating 恵方巻.

But I heard this 恵方巻 is different from real one. 恵方巻 originated in Kansai area (Osaka, Kyoto and etc...). The fillings of real 恵方巻 are gourd strips, cucumbers, chinese mushrooms, eggs, eel and den. But most of 恵方巻 that are selling in convenience stores or super markets are different from the real 恵方巻.

I think, I ate this faked 恵方巻... But it is ok. I didn't say anything during I was eating. And I looked east northeast during I was eating. This is the custom when we eat 恵方巻. Don't say anything and look at the right direction. This direction changes in every year.

Thank you.
Good day & Peace and Smile!
Tweet This

No comments: