01 June 2011

Pepsi Dry

Azuki, Baobab, Mont Blanc and...


Pepsi's funny flavours
I think, PEPSI is really interesting company. They are providing many funny products in these years such as Pepsi Azuki and Pepsi Mont Blanc. I tried these "unusual" pepsi cola these years, but I prefer the usual one. (Not diet coke.) Anyway, Suntory which franchisee of Pepsi in Japan, announced their new "strategy(!?)". They are planning to defy the common wisdom that cola is sweet drink.



Non-sweet cola

They released their new flavour of Pepsi cola on 24th May. Yes, it's about a week ago. Their new flavour is called "Pepsi dry". Well, they said "non-sweet cola".
I think, it's not cola if it's not sweet. It's just sparkling mineral water.
Pepsi dry

But they are advertising that it's cola. They are advertising "nine times out of ten would say 'it's not sweet'".

Anyway, I bought this one because I was trying such crazy pepsi drinks these years. And I wanted to try this one too.

I drunk it. Well, it's exactly not sweet. It's smells like cola, but it's not cola anymore. And I don't like it...

I also found that it's not zero-calorie cola. It's not sweet, but it has calorie. I think, you should buy diet coke!




Perrier
My favourite Perrier

Well, it's a little like Perrier, but it's totally different from Perrier. I sometimes drink Perrier which is France's natural sparkling water, and I like it... But I don't like Pepsi dry.

I don't understand that they started to release such a drink, but I found some funny articles that about Pepsi dry. According to these articles, they believe it's better to use Pepsi dry as seasoning, not as cola.

If you have, and if you want to try this one... You can try it in Japan.
But I don't recommend it.

Thank you.
Tweet This

No comments: