05 March 2011

London trip: Day 1

I'm still checking my photos that I took during my trip. I selected some photos that I took day 1 (25th Feb.). So, let's look back my trip.



There are 2 airport near the Tokyo, which are Narita International Airport(成田国際空港:Narita Kokusai Kuukou) and Haneda Airport(羽田空港:Haneda Kuukou). Narita is far away from Tokyo, but most of international flights depart from this airport. My flight was also depart from this airport. 




The airplane that is in the photo is the airplane that I board. My flight departed at noon on 25th, Feb. (JST). That was the beginning of my 12.5 hours of flight to London. Can you believe that 12.5 hours on the plane!!


It's the longest flight that I've ever board. The plane departed at noon in JST, and the plane goes north-west. Which means the plane is under the sunshine during its flight. The plane arrived at London Heathrow Airport at 15.30 (GMT). That's weird! I was boarding more than 12 hours, but I was still in the same day! I was a little sleepy, but it was OK. I felt the temperature was a little warmer than I expected.


After I arrived at Heathrow, we went to the hotel in Wembley. It took about 30 minutes to the Hotel by bus.  We went to the underground station near the hotel, after we check-in. About 30 minutes of underground trip, we arrived at Piccadilly Circus.



It was cloudy, but we arrived at night so it was not so big problem. Anyway, there were really many people and people were talking in their own words such as Spanish, French and English of course.


Also, I found famous double-decker bus there! We went to Piccadilly Circus because we wanted to find some ticket of football game. Unfortunately, we arrived late and we couldn't find ticket seller on this day. 



I surprised many things at there on first day. For example, in Tokyo people stand on left side, and right side is for people who wants to swoop up when we use escalator. But in London, it was different. Another example, people cannot smoke outside and we can smoke in most of restaurant in Tokyo. But in London we can smoke outside, but we cannot smoke in public places such as restaurants. Of course, underground was not allowed to smoke.


I like this sign. I wrote about smoking, but I don't smoke.

So, this is my London trip: day 1. I hope I can update other stories as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Tweet This

2 comments:

Christen said...

California (where I live) has similar smoking rules. People are not allowed to smoke indoors or in restaurants. At my junior college, students aren't allowed to smoke within 20 feet of buildings, but no one really followed that rule, haha.

Masaya said...

Oh, really!? Most of people are not following these rules here in Japan...