02 May 2011

London trip: Day 3

After the great earthquake that attacked north-eastern Japan on 11th March, I didn't think it's not good time to share my London trip report. But now it's already May, and I decided to write about usual things. From today, I would like to write about usual things. 


Today is about my London trip: Day 3. You can check London trip: Day 1 and London trip: Day 2


In the morning, we went to Baker Street station. We passed that station again and again on Day 1 and Day 2, but it was the first time to got off at this station. When we got off, we found Sherlock Holmes's statue in front of the station.



There were many people who were taking picture of the statue including us. We took some pictures with this statue, but it was not our purpose to got off at this station.


Our first destination of Day 3 was Madame Tussauds. I didn't know this place, but my friend told me on Facebook then we decided to go there first. Inside the Madame Tussauds, there were many wax figures such as Albert Einstein, Barack Obama, Justin Bieber and so on. We took many pictures there. That was really fun. Not only the wax figures, but we could enjoy "4D movie" at there! It's worth to go there!

After the Madame Tussauds, we went to Westminster.


When we were crossing the Westminster bridge, the weather was wonderful.

After we crossed the Westminster bridge, we went to McDonald's to take lunch there. We chose McDonald's because we want to know the difference of menu, prices, taste and so on at there. 


The photo on above is my lunch that I bought at McDonald's. Well, I felt it's bit expensive than Japanese price. But taste was not so different, and I felt the size was a little bigger than Japanese one.

While we were eating lunch at McDonald's, the weather changed so rapidly. The weather got bad like photo below.


Anyway, we walked to London Eye. While we were riding the London Eye, it was raining a little...


Unfortunately, the weather was not so good. But we could enjoy the London Eye.

After the London Eye, we went to Science Museum at Kensington. I went London with my 2 friends who are studying together at the college. We were all studying electronics engineering at the college. Which means we are really interested in Science and Technology. Then we were planning to visit such place. The Science Museum was exactly such place where we wanted to visit. It was really interesting place for me, and we enjoyed the whole afternoon of this day at there. We stayed there by closing time.

We took supper around there and came back to Wembley park.


On this day, there was the match Arsenal FC vs. Birmingham city FC. (We wanted to watch the match, but we couldn't get the ticket...) So, the stadium was lighted up and looks so beautiful.


We took some photos around there, then came back to hotel.

So here's the end of my trip on day 3. I will update my Day 4 story as soon as possible.

Thank you.
Tweet This

2 comments:

Jess said...

It's a pity that it was raining when you went on the Eye. If you ever get a chance to come back to London, you should try going on the Eye at night, so you can see the city all lit up. It's a completely different experience.

Did you visit Covent Garden at all while you were here? That's my favourite place in London. It's got such a lovely busy, bustling kind of atmosphere but it still manages to feel friendly. If you go to Oxford Street, you might experience the kind of busy that'll knock you over without so much as a glance over the shoulder but it's not like that at all in Covent Garden.

And if you can visit at Christmas, so much the better. The December before last, my mum and I booked ourselves into London serviced apartments and we had a weekend in Covent Garden. We didn't do very much, just wandered round the shops and watched the street peformers but it's still one of the best holidays I've had.

Masaya said...

Thanks Jess.
I didn't go to Covent Garden, but I think it's really nice place to visit! I'll go there next time! Also I'll go to eve at night! Thank you for your recommendation!!