24 September 2010

A life without the internet



I think, I'm using too many things that related to the internet. Twitter, Facebook, RSS, MMS, email, flickr, Foresquare, Skype, Evernote, Instapaper, iTunes store, YouTube, mixi, and my blog. Of course, these services that I raised are just example, so there are other services that I'm using, I think.

I think, these services are quite useful if there are the internet connection. But I realised that I'm spending much time with these things. And I believed that I must re-think about them. For instance, I was following 138 users on Twitter (maximum) and I tried to read all of their tweets, but it's waste of time I felt. Then I decided to unfollow some of them. Now I'm following 67 users, and I'm planning to unfollow more.

I used to search or watching some site while I'm writing an article, then I took much time to post an article. In this week, I decided to write an article without the internet. Of course, I'm not connecting to the internet right now. I will connect to the internet after I wrote all of this article and post it. I think, it's better to disconnect to the internet while I'm writing an article because I can concentrate on it more and also I can think about it more. That means I can post article in short time and the article would be better one.

I should shorten the time of using the internet like I wrote. But it's tough to not to use them for a long time. For instance, there are many important emails. Not only that if I want to know about something, the internet is the fastest and most useful tool to know them. (especially about coding)

I felt a life without TV is easy for me, but a life without the internet seems to be difficult. But I should shorten the time of using the internet, I felt.

Thank you
Tweet This

No comments: