08 January 2018

Large, but not so big

Just few days before new year comes, I accidentally clicked the button to buy iPhone X. 

Since I was using iPhone 6 Plus for about 3 years, my iPhone have some problems. Most severe one is ring/silent switch on left. 


My iPhone's ring/silent switch works mechanically, but it sometimes back to ring mode without touching it. I acknowledge them when I see the screen as soon as I changed to silent mode. But most of cases, I know that when I got message or phone call from some one.

Anyway, I bought iPhone X at the end of 2017. And I got them day before new year's eve.
Here it is my iPhone X!

My iPhone X with Apple shaped Death Star wallpaper
I chose 256GB model of space gray iPhone X, and that was really expensive!! And I thought I cannot renew my phone for next 3-4 years... (Same as my previous iPhone 6 Plus)

I chose 256GB model because I had 128GB model of iPhone 6 Plus and I was using nearly 100GB.

So, I need to choose model with more than 100GB capacity, and which means I need to choose 256GB model.

I thought if there's 128GB model, I would choose them.

Unfortunately, there's no 128GB model iPhone X, then I chose 256GB model.


Good thing

I had some problem when I was using iPhone 6 Plus.
That is BIG!
I compared my iPhone X and my old iPhone 6 Plus.
iPhone X on left, iPhone 6 Plus on right
Both of them are big enough, but iPhone X is a little smaller. And this difference make me feel good, because it fit to my pocket with no pain.
To tell the truth, I had pain during sit on chairs when I put my iPhone 6 Plus into front pocket of my trousers.
Now I don't have to care about them.

Another good thing is ApplePay. Because iPhone 6 Plus is not supporting ApplePay in Japan, I cannot use them. But finally, I started use them and it's very useful!
Paying with ApplePay is very quick and smart!

New gestures


I had strange feeling when I first touch iPhone X, because there's no home button. Every time when I back to home screen, I tried to touch home button but it won't work. Obviously iPhone X doesn't have home button, but just swipe up from below means new home button.

But since I started to use iPhone X and get used to the new gestures, I liked them.I acknowledged that I like this new gesture when I used this gesture on my iPad and nothing happened.

One not good gesture is screen shot!On iPhone X, you can take screen shot with clicking side button and volume up button simultaneously. And that made me mad, because sometimes I click this two button when I put iPhone X into my pocket. So I have many screen shot picture on photo app...

That's my brief review of iPhone X in a week of use.

I may upload late review some time.

Thanks.
Tweet This

No comments: